Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Journal Entries


 The worst decision I have ever made was probably in grade 6 when I took 5 of my friends to a concert in Edmonton. Now the problem was I could only invite 5 friends and I had more than 5 really good friends. In the end I ended up having to leave out one of my best friends. This caused a lot of tension between us and lead to her hating me. At first I didn’t realize the severity of the situation, I thought she would get over it in a couple weeks. But girls being girls she didn’t get over it and when it was time for grade seven she wanted nothing to do with me. Even then I though I was upset about her not being my friend I thought I might be able to get over it as long as I had my other friends to help me through. But to my surprise the five best friends who I invited to that concert, no longer wanted anything to do with me either. I was shocked but mostly hurt, I went from having tones of friends to having none in just a small amount of time. So there I was seventh grade and no friends what so ever. Everyone hated me and I went along time just like that. Nobody ever picked me to be partners with them and I usually ended up doing group projects by myself, I was never invited over to anyone’s house, and for the first time since kindergarten I wasn’t invited to my best friends birthday. That’s when it hit me that I needed to do something about it and stop moping. So I started sitting by my old friend and her new ones at lunch and in class and slowly but surly they excepted me. I now had got my best friend back and gained two more friends in the process. The reason this was the worst decision I have ever made was because I almost lost a true friend because I picked the friends that were the ‘popular’ ones instead of true ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment